knit with Knit Picks Merino Style in 'Mint'
I modified the pattern from the waist on down, adding one more set of decreases and extra rows at the waist. I did not like the original peplum design, so I worked it in stockinette with increases every 8 rows in two places on the front and every 4 rows in two places on the back. I also used 9 buttons to help eliminate any gapping along the front. All of these modifications improved the fit, as I am convinced that this pattern was written for a short-waisted individual.
In the end, I am very happy with this cardigan. All of the frogging and reworking really ensured a good fit, and the final blocking really helped. I foresee lots of future wear for this cardigan, especially since this green is one of my favorite colors.