Sunday, December 03, 2006

Finishing Projects

With the boyfriend out of town for the week, I have been able to spend a little more time this week at crafting. As demonstrated in my last post, I have actually been finishing a few projects that have been hanging around for a while. In addition to the scrapbook, I have added an elastic band to some legwarmers (which I haven't taken off since), sewed a lining into a knitted clutch, and sewed another clutch together to be felted.

Of course, not all of my projects this week had to be dusted off. I got into the Christmas spirit and created some popcorn garland for mini trees at home and at work, and even made up some 'stockings' for the tree in the office.


I also started spinning some Superwash Merino I bought from Lisa Souza in the Mardi Gras colorway. It is very different than the BFL I just finished spinning. I tried to use a heavier spindle that my Mom loaned me to make thin singles, but found that my lighter spindle gives me better and more consistant yarn. I must say that I have learned a lot by spinning these two different fibers at two different thicknesses.

Geez, I really need to start working on Andy's hat so I can have it finished for Christmas.

No comments: