Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Knitting

Did you know that the car is the ideal place to wind skeins into balls of yarn? I discovered this truth on the nine hour car ride to my parent's house yesterday, when it was DH's turn at the wheel. Sitting on the passenger's side, I simply draped the skein around my knees and wound a few balls. Now I am all ready to enjoy a very knit-filled holiday vacation.


I've got big plans for a scarf for DH and a pair of socks for me, but I also hope to do something with the yarn pictured above, which I won at the Ravelry get-together after Wisconsin Sheep and Wool. It is 560 yards of worsted weight yarn from the local dyer Happy Hands. I was thinking about making knee-high socks with it, as that would be obnoxious enough to offset the vibrant colors, but am unsure what to do for a pattern. Each of the 8 color sections is 2 inches long and they repeat in a set order, so my biggest challenge will be pooling. Maybe a slip-stitch pattern? If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them!

In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and get lots of knitting done!

No comments: