Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happiness Abounds

For how busy I was with midterms last week, this week is turning out to be relaxing and wonderful. I think it's due to a combination of the beautiful weather, the fact that I haven't been doing homework all the time, and a new Ysolda project on the needles. Because life is always better with a Ysolda project on the needles.


Another reason I am happy is that the nice weather means that I can finally wear my new handsewn dress! I'm also super excited about wearing a different new handsewn dress (below), though this is one that I bought at a local shop, ZipDang. It was a splurge, but this jersey dress is so comfortable and, if the skirt I have from this designer is any indication, it's bound to become a favorite.


And speaking of new things, I'm rocking a new pair of glasses this week. It's taking me a while to get used to the prescription and the style, but I'm kind of in love with them. Husband says they make me look like a hipster, but I think they fit in well with the librarian-style I'm surrounded by in class. In fact, I was comparing frames with a classmate on Monday because our glasses are so similar.


So yes, life has been good to me this week. I hope your week is going just as well!

3 comments:

doviejay said...

Wow, I love the dress, but especially the glasses! I'm going to be looking for new glasses soon too.

Kristin said...

Thanks!

Ironically, after I finished writing this blog post yesterday, I realized that the dress and the glasses would be perfect together. I'm wearing them together today and I love them. New favorite outfit.

lunaticraft said...

The dress and glasses together? VERY Mad Men. I love love it.