Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Warming Up

I always dread blogging in November and December. There is so much crafting going on during these two months but it’s all secret-do-not-share-until-Christmas stuff. This year, it’s infinitely worse because I have so little free time that the only crafting that I’m currently doing is gift crafting. First world problems, I know.


I am, however, working on one project that I can talk about right now: knitting blanket squares for Warm Up America. One of the academic libraries on campus is organizing a square-drive and a bunch of us are getting together to knit/crochet blanket squares (photo above) each Friday from now until the end of the semester. It’s been a great way to spend a lunch hour and I feel good knowing that the squares I’ve made will keep someone warm this winter. So while you’re doing your holiday crafting, don’t forget to make something for those that could use a little extra warmth in their lives!

No comments: