Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Wrapping Up the Holidays

I hope you all had a very happy holidays. Husband and I enjoyed some wonderful time with both of our families over Christmas week and are now back home enjoying our last quiet day before going back to work.


The time off was great and I got some crafting done, mainly playing around with my Arbor loom. Between a skein of handspun and some leftover yarn from my Gretel hat, I whipped out over 20 squares (though I don't know what I'm going to do with them all yet). I even learned to weave a twill, which is so beautiful that it makes me excited to learn new weave patterns.


The other craft time I had came with Mom, when we hand-felted a shawl together. Mom wove the shawl for me out of wool and tencel, with a pattern that would create a lot of texture when felted (as the wool will felt while the tencel won't). The finished shawl is beautiful and textured and awesome. I can't wait to wear it.


Speaking of Mom, she gifted me a set of blocking wires for Christmas. After blocking my lace shawl and her lace scarf together in the last year, she realized how much they will help. I'm looking forward to trying them out the first time on Ysolda's mystery knitalong.

Needless to say, I had a great Christmas. I hope your holidays were just as wonderful!

No comments: