Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Spin Spin

I'm in the Start All The Things phase of crafting and, in an effort to not get overwhelmed, I'm trying to clear out a bunch of the works in progress hanging around my craft room. One such project was this braid of fiber, half spun up on my spinning wheel.


The fiber comes from Sheepish Creations, whose fiber I've spun up on several previous occasions. It's such a cheery fiber, though not in my normal color palette, so I suspect it will end up as babywear. Any pattern ideas for 140 yards of worsted weight?


Of course, finishing this skein of handspun only makes me want to start spinning more fiber. Not exactly the point of finishing this spinning, but I won't say no to more crafting mojo.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I suggest a Darkside Cowl : http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/darkside-cowl

Not a baby pattern but it's the perfect pop of color during winter at the top of your coat. Of course, writing this makes me realize I didn't see mine all winter.... Hmmm

Desiree said...

Simply gorgeous! I cannot wait to see what you knit with it. I have always wanted to make an ear flap hat with hand spun yarn!