Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Vacation = Time To Knit ?

Unfortunately, the above equation did not prove to be very true over my vacation these past two weeks. With my sister's wedding, various sight-seeing excursions, and a long novel, the only knitting I really got done was in San Francisco.

The small amount of vacation knitting was focused on knitting a double-point needle roll. I made it out of this pretty merino-cotton blend that my grandmother gave me. It turned out very nicely, and will be handy once I actually do all of the finishing touches. So, here it is:




I also worked on a variation of this bag before I left for my trip, using up a bunch of blue/green/yellow yarns from my stash. Some of the color combos are a bit weird because I used 3 strands at a time, so we'll see how the bag comes out in the end.

Also still working on the large green wrap. I realized this weekend that I do not have enough yarn to finish it, so sometime I will have to get around to ordering more. Sigh...

In the meantime, I am enjoying the new Knitty that just came out, and contemplating the possible uses for finger-knitting.

PS. Check out the new link for the hilarious crafting blog Threadbared under the Links on the right. Thanks Mom for passing it on!

No comments: