Sunday, September 24, 2006

A First Attempt at Dyeing

Yes, I know that I tried the Kool Aid stuff a while back, but this is the real, multi-colored deal. I used 5 colors in total and dyed the two bare skeins (one fingering weight, one worted weight) that I recently ordered from KnitPicks. It actually was not that challenging and the results are amazing!

The five colors I used were: purple, dark blue, light blue, yellow, and teal.

I poured the dye over wet wool to get the color scheme I wanted.

The sock yarn goes into the oven for 30 minutes at 250 degrees.

The 'cooked' yarn looks similar to before.

The resulting skeins are gorgeous!

We'll see how the two yarns knit up, especially with the repeating colors in the sock yarn (right, above).

And speaking of socks, one of Andy's socks is finished and I am well on my way into the second. I might just have them finished before his birthday!

No comments: