Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Moneta

I want to introduce you to my new favorite sewing pattern ever: Colette Moneta. I'm a big fan of Colette Patterns (having already sewn two Peonies, a Sorbetto, a Sencha, and a Laurel) and am excited that her foray into patterns using knits roughly coincides with my own skill building in this area.


I love Moneta for several reasons. First, it was so easy and quick to sew; with the exception of hemming (more on that in a bit), I put the whole dress together in the course of an afternoon. The second reason I love this pattern is that the final dress is incredibly flattering and comfortable. I knew that this dress is going to get a lot of wear from the first moment I tried it on.


Lest you think I'm perfect at sewing knits, I will admit that hemming with a twin needle did give me some problems. I'm not sure if it was how light this fabric is but my tension was off and my hems pucker a bit. Hopefully, this type of hemming will get easier with practice.


And this is the point where I confess to already having fabric for two more Monetas. While this Moneta is made from a plum-colored modal fabric, my next will be a blue cotton polka dot and then a blue bamboo knit with white stripes (both fabrics shown in this post). I am definitely hooked on sewing with knits!

No comments: