Sunday, January 04, 2009

Husband of the Year

I have the best husband ever. I think he took the hint from the sweater I made him and decided that I really like to knit. Or perhaps it was the yarn spilling out of the closet or the incessant clicking of the needles that persuaded him to buy me more yarn for Christmas. And not just any yarn, a monthly sock club!


My first package was waiting for me when I returned home from my holiday vacation, and I am very pleased with it. The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash Paints that looks like it has been very subtly kettle dyed a bright red color. I plan to ignore the enclosed pattern entirely and use my just-purchased copy of Sensational Knitted Socks to make a pair of socks for myself.


And speaking of socks, my knee-high rainbow socks have hit the needles. The winning stitch pattern was a 2x2 rib, pooling be damned. The foot looks very neat but we'll see how the pooling changes once I reach the calf (which should be soon, as these socks are working up really quickly). In the meantime, I'm in search of a good adjective to describe these socks. Lurid? Obnoxious? Vibrant? With a little more work on the socks, I'm sure the right word will come to me.

No comments: