Sunday, June 10, 2007

Fitted Knits Shrug

Since starting to spin, I have been trying to find projects that require only 4 or 8 oz of wool. Not enough to make a sweater, but nice enough yarn that I want to do something interesting with it. I picked up a copy of Stephanie Japel's new book, Fitted Knits, the other day and immediately fell in love with her designs. I was all ready to cast on the Feminine Puffed-Sleeved Cardigan when I remembered my handspun. Instead, I started the Two-Toned Ribbed Shrug from the same book:


I have about 8 oz of this handspun and the body of the shrug has used about 6 oz. I ran out to my LYS on Sunday to find the perfect shade of Cascade 220 for the ribbed border and am loving how everything is coming together!

Next up on the needles: a baby suprise jacket!

No comments: