Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cranberry Cordial and Vanilla Liqueur

I've been making an effort in the last couple months to consistently blog here once per week. And while the amount that I knit has not correspondingly increased, the more frequent posting allows me to showcase some of the other creative things I am working on. For example, today's non-knitting post highlights my homemade cordials.


I made my first cordial this summer after seeing a recipe for Rhubarb Schnapps in Nigella Lawson's delightful, but poorly named book 'How To Be A Domestic Goddess'. Very pleased with the results, I soon acquired the book 'Cordials From Your Kitchen', which contains a wide range of recipes for cordials and liqueurs. The cranberry cordial and vanilla liqueur, seen above, are my first two batches from this new book. They both have another month to steep, and probably another month to mellow after I strain out the solids, but I can't wait to see how they turn out!

No comments: