Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spread the Love

Here are some random things that I've fallen in love with recently:

MadelineTosh yarn 

After hearing other people rave about this yarn, I had to try it myself and I must admit that it did not disappoint. The colors are simply stunning and the bases for the two yarns I bought, Tosh Merino DK and Tosh Merino Light, are incredibly soft. It's too expensive to add a lot of it to my stash but this yarn is definitely worth purchasing for one or two special projects.

Apothecary Jars

I got these inexpensive little jars from the Anchor Hocking online store, though I've seen larger and more ornate (read: more expensive) versions at Target and Williams Sonoma. I love how candy looks in these jars, though I think that I might end up putting terrariums in them.

Books by Neil Gaiman

Gaiman wrote American Gods, Coraline, Stardust, and the Sandman comics, amongst others, and is one of my favorite authors. I just finished reading Good Omens, which was a collaboration between him and Terry Pratchett, and found it a delightfully witty read. My other current reading obsession (besides Gaiman) is The Hunger Games series.

Owl Mugs

Two adorable owl mugs have come into my life recently. I purchased the one above from a local shop and got another one in a swap package. Owls are super cute and owls on mugs are even cuter.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

that owl mug is so cute! I'm knitting a lace scarf with madelinetosh lace and it is aaaaamazing, but you're right that it is $$$. Also, loved the hunger games. :)