Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yarn Swap

My best friend O from college called me a while ago with a great idea: let's send each other some yarn from our stash, knit up something with the other person's yarn, then send the finished item back to the yarn donor. So I sent her some striped Regia sock yarn a little while ago and I just got her yarn in the mail this week. It's a lovely mauve sock yarn and I can wait to knit with it!


The label's long gone but O remembers it to be Koigu sock yarn. She even started a Pomatomus sock with it, but feels that I might have a better idea on what it will ultimately become. So what should I knit for my friend O that she can use/wear in California? I don't have any brilliant ideas, so I would love to hear any suggestions!

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Looks yummy! Socks?

Kristin said...

I'm actually kind of tempted to finish the Pomatomus sock from the cuff my friend O sent me. I think she would find it amusing.

doviejay said...

I think that would be a great idea - the pattern does look pretty great in that color!

Desiree said...

I agree!!! Please post pictures as you get farther in the pattern!