Tuesday, April 01, 2014

My Beloved Singer

It can be hard to blog when there aren't happy things to write about. And today, I have a particularly sad thing to report: my beloved Singer sewing machine (a Singer Fashionmate 237) died during my recent move.


Not only did the motor break off the machine but the crankshaft that runs the length of the machine broke at the hand wheel. This later damage makes my machine officially unrepairable.


Let's not discuss how upset I was to discover that my sewing machine - purchased new by my mother in the 1960's - had extensive damage. One month later, I'm finally to the point where I have accepted its death and am moving forward with other sewing endeavors.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Goodnight sweet seam sewer, and angels sing thee to thy rest. Good for it making a half century!!