Tuesday, August 29, 2006

She's On A Roll...

Yes, more crochet! I knit--I mean crocheted--a quick scarf this weekend out of some cotton yarn frogged from a previous attempt at a scarf. I like how the project turned out, but I learned a valuable lesson from it: My chain stitches need to be looser, especially because my chain edge was the long side of the scarf. It put a slight curl in the scarf, but it's still super cute!

[Pictures here soon!]

I'm trying to determine what to make next, though I'm pretty sure it's about time I got back to knitting. I've been listening to back-episodes of the Lime and Violet podcast, and they're sock obsession is rubbing off on me. I'm now thinking about knitting a pair of socks for Andy out of the Merino fingering wieght yarn I just bought from Knitty (see last post, it's one of the undyed skeins). He doesn't read either of my blogs, so this should be a surprise for him. My birthday is this Friday, so I was also thinking about buying some sock yarn with birthday money. Not that I need more yarn, but I really like to knit socks.

However, not everything I want to make is socks. I came across this amazing pattern for a Coco Channel-type sweater in Greetings from Knit Cafe, which I would really love to make. But first, I have to get through the 'Green Monster'. One big project at a time, otherwise I won't get anything done!

I'd like to cast something on soon, but I'm pretty busy this week. Plus, I've got a pile of library books backed up on the nightstand, so who knows when I'll put something on the needles. Hopefully it won't be too long before I have something new to report here!

No comments: