Monday, August 20, 2007

Unpacking, Unknitting

I'm going to come right out and say it: there has been very little knitting at my house this week and there will be very little knitting discussed in the following post. But I still have a few things up my knitted sleeves to make all of you out there jealous.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I moved in with the fiance this week and am now living in a 4 room apartment on the first floor of a Victorian house built in 1895. It is such a beautiful space with tall ceilings and wood floors; I think I'd never want to leave! The apartment itself consists of the obvious rooms: the kitchen, the bedroom + bath, the living room. And one more room which has yet to be given an official name. I like to call it 'The Craft Room':


That's right! My soon-to-be DH has given me (part of) a room just for my crafting! The left-most desk will be for the computer, with the right side of the room for my overflowing pile of supplies. I have a bunch of boxes and bags piled up in the space right now and I can't wait to get unpacked and settled in! I promise there will more pictures when all of the boxes find a home.


I should sneak some actual knitting news in at the end here and tell you about the progress of my cardigan. I finished the waist-shaping this evening and tried it on for the first time since dividing the sleeves to find that it is too big! I was trying to play it safe by going up a size, but now I know I will not be happy until I frog 3" and start knitting that smaller size from the sleeve divide. I've really liked this project so far and I want to be sure that I will like wearing it, too. I'm just glad I tried it on before it was mostly finished!

No comments: