Sunday, February 01, 2009

Obnoxiousocks

The obnoxiousocks are finished! For how worried I was at how they would come out, I'm pretty happy with the results.


My biggest concern was how the colors would pool, and while the socks are quite vibrant, the pooling adds interest without being busy. The stitch count was obviously just right, as the colors aligned every-other-row and were balanced. The vivid pink was always pair with the calm purple, the orange paired with the brown, and the yellow-green paired with the blue. The result was that only one color dominated at a time, allowing your eye to follow swirls of color up each sock.


As these socks do not have any Nylon content and are 100% wool, I don't foresee heavy wear outside of the house. But for those cold Wisconsin nights when I am curled up at home, you will probably find me wearing some bright and obnoxious socks.

No comments: