Saturday, May 30, 2009

Handspun Happiness

It feels so good to finally be over my knitting funk! Thanks for sticking with me when I had no desire to knit and therefore nothing much to blog about. All of the creative juices are flowing again, so I have lots of projects to share!


The one thing that really helped me get back into knitting was my handspun. My initial inspiration came from my bright and cheery 'eye candy' yarn, which I made into a little shawlette just large enough to cover my shoulders. Though I wish I had more yarn to make something larger, this little guy makes me feel really warm and happy.


And once I got started knitting with handspun, I could not get enough of those beautiful and subtle variations. So I cast on a pattern I've been wanting to make for a while now, Saartje's Bootees, with some fingering weight I made when I first started spinning. There is no baby in mind for these, but I think that the cuteness of these booties was reason enough to knit them.

I guess I am going to be sharing some spinning projects here in the future, as I need to restock my diminishing handspun stash!

No comments: