Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Moving

We're in the middle of moving this week; I'm moving to a furnished apartment 2 blocks down and the husband is moving in with a friend in Milwaukee so he can start his new job there. This is a temporary situation while I finish up my classwork, and I'm looking forward to moving to Milwaukee myself at the end of the year.


(These tubs are just my yarn and fabric. Let's not talk about the other craft supplies I have packed.)

The hardest part about this move has been deciding what to take with me, as most everything else is going to Milwaukee to sit in boxes for six months. I'm obviously keeping all of my clothing, and I don't want my yarn to sit in boxes in a basement for 6 months, but it's less obvious what to keep of the books and the other craft supplies. After several rounds of deliberation, final books selection has been whittled down to the following:


I'm keeping my two favorite cooking books (How to Cook Everything Vegetarian and How to be a Domestic Goddess), a couple sewing books (Everyday Handmade and Sew What! Skirts), my go-to book on crochet (Stitch'n Bitch Crochet), and my favorite knitting books (The Opinionated Knitter and Whimsical Little Knits), in addition to a couple other books I've been meaning to read for a while. I guess I now know what books I'd take with me if I am ever stuck on a deserted island!

Hopefully, I'll get settled into my new apartment quickly so that I can get back to crafting and telling you all about it. Wish me luck!

No comments: