Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Settling In

I'm settling into my new apartment and have already taken over the front room as my crafting area. It's amazing how little time it takes to cover every surface with yarn and fiber. I've commandeered the only table in the apartment for my sewing area. It makes it difficult to have a nice sit-down dinner, but gosh darn it I'm going to be able to sew!


I'll talk more about what I'm currently sewing in the next post when it's more than just 3 seams, but I will show off the fabric selection here. I'm not sure how the fit of this pattern will turn out so I'm going to make a model using the fabric pair below (the floral should look a little familiar) and then make adjustments to the second version, which will use the fabrics in the last photo.


I had a lot of fun at the store picking these prints out. It's so enjoyable to play with colors and patterns and find two bold and interesting fabrics that actually go well together. I'm particularly in love with the paisley print and its partner, below.


I'm so glad that moving didn't take my crafting out of commission for too long. It helped that I moved into a furnish apartment, so it's simply been a matter of unpacking a few boxes of clothes and some craft stuff. Now that I'm settled in, I have lots of crafty things I want to accomplish in my new space!

No comments: