Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Seeing the Light

This past week went totally to hell in a handbasket. I knew it was going to be busy, but it got out of control very quickly. Honestly, if it weren't for husband doing some cleaning in my apartment, helping me wrap Christmas gifts that need shipping, and making sure I was fed during his visit to Madison this weekend, I would probably be in a corner crying right now. He's a real keeper and I'm so looking forward to us living in the same city and under the same roof again.


The good news is that I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and getting motivation to craft again. This is manifesting as an itch to make progress on my Sherilyn shawl.  I'm not sure how much knitting I'll be able to do on it in the next two weeks, but I plan to get some serious work done on the shawl over Christmas Break.


The best part is that I'll have lots of free time in January and I already have lots of ideas for things to make that month. Toward the top of the list is knitting a new pair Veyla mitts because I tragically lost one of my previous pair. I've also got lots of plans for sewing. I hope to do something with the fabric shown in this post (perhaps another Peony dress?) and I'm thinking about making a Weekender Travel Bag and possibly a Negroni for my wonderful husband. No matter what I decide on, I'm sure that January is going to be craftacular!

No comments: