Monday, March 19, 2007

DG Afghan

After making 6"x6" squares for 4 months, the DG afghan is finally finished! And just in time to be auctioned off this weekend.

My friend Jane and I starting sewing the squares up on Friday evening to ready the quilt for its debut on Saturday. Little did we know that this was going to be an 8 hour task! Three movies and a couple of PB&Js later, we had a quilt! I am just glad that the it is done and I can start working on more interesting projects.

Jane sews squares together

The finished quilt

Jane's beautiful lace border

I also had some time this weekend to finish some old projects and start an exciting new one, though pictures and stories will have to wait until the next post. SPOILER: No more drop-spindling, I need to break in the wheel!

1 comment:

Eden Sutley said...

Where is the being auctioned off???//