Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Oven and The Sewing-Machine

While the oven was my medium of choice for my last post, I've switched my attention to the sewing machine this week. My sewing machine was inherented from my Mother, an old Singer machine that she recieved as a college graduation gift and subsequently passed onto me during my college years. It is still in good working order and was quite handy in fixing all of the holes that had developed in my clothes since I last got it out.

In addition to mending a few items, I performed a little surgery on a T-shirt I won at the bar the other week. As exciting as it is to get free stuff, the XL nature of free T-shirts usually has me passing them to the fiance rather than swimming in them myself.

The free XL Jack Daniel's shirt I won at the bar

However, I saw a link on the Craftzine blog to a tutorial on how to make T-shirt pants, a perfect use for my free bar shirt. I must say that these pants are SUPER comfortable! I would only mention that it probably best to follow directions for the waist, as I am not 100% happy with the two versions I tried.

The resulting pants are super cute and comfortable!

In the knitting world, I finished my second Monkey sock!!! I'm now in a race to finish this DG afghan by Saturday, when it will be auctioned off. I need to do a 12"x12" section and a few more 3"x6" sections before it can all be sewn together. It should be doable.

And my final creation of the week was made last night in the kitchen--a batch of Maple-Walnut cupcakes from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. My roommate called them 'muffcakes' as the walnuts make them very muffiny, but they are still delicious. The only thing I did not like about them was the really buttery taste of the icing; I don't think that both sticks were really necessary.

Yummy muffcakes...

Have a good week and happy crafting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your tits!