Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Happy New Year!

As I do every year at this time, I start thinking about my New Year's resolutions. I have a big one for my life this year: Finish grad school. It does not have a lot to do with knitting, other than it will probably steal lots of knitting time from me over the coming months.

Since that one is such a big life resolution, I'm going to pick a simpler knitting resolution this year: Knit from stash. My Ravelry pal Elizabath calls this Negative Stash Flow, as more yarn should go out than come in. I did a rough estimate of my stash and found that I have over 6 miles of yarn at home! That should be plenty of yarn to knit with over the coming year.

And with inspirational goals comes an inspirational photo, one that I took over the break of the outside of the Ohio Supreme Court Building. These fabulous Art Deco owls represent education, which, along with science and art, forms the basis of a prosperous society. It's a good reminder for me to strive to complete my education, but still maintain the habits and traits that make me unique.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Not to reduce the impact of your six miles... but my stash is, um, 500 percent the size of yours.

Yes, let's stash-down a bit.